Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the normal duration of the INL Summer Internship Programme?
The INL Summer Internship Programme duration is 2 – 3 months in the period between May 15th to September 15th, 2017 (exact starting and ending dates will be fixed after the awarding of the Internships).
- When does the INL Summer Internship Programme starts?
Here's the indicative timetable:
March 29, 2017 - Summer Internship Programme 2017 Publication
April 30, 2017 - Deadline for Applications
May 2017 - Evaluation & Selection
From May 2017 until July 2017 - Starting dates
- Does INL compensate travel costs?
For students coming from outside the local area and needing accommodation, INL will secure accommodation near the laboratory. Other expenses and travel arrangements will be covered by the student.
- The dates mentioned in the projects are from May 15th to September 15th but I can only start later, is it possible?
Exact starting and end dates will be fixed after the nomination of the students. You can choose your preferred dates between May 15th and September 15th.
- Since I have to get a visa, I would be grateful if you can send me an invitation, so that I can start the official application process.
You should request an invitation letter through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, confirm your nationality and passport number and we will issue the letter.
- What are the documents to be submitted?
- Interested students should submit their cover letter, curriculum vitae and a statement from the University confirming their studies, including the students academic records.
- Students should mention in the cover letter their preferred projects (can be up to 2 projects) from the list of the INL projects, or suggest a project of their own.
- Students are invited to record a video-pitch (1 minute or less) explaining why they are suitable candidates to participate in our Summer Internship Programme.
The application language is English.
Enquires about the programme should be directed to email@example.com. Enquires about the selected project should be directed to the staff member responsible for the project (check the list of projects).
- Is it possible to update an application after the submission deadline?
No, modifications will not be accepted after the submission deadline (April 30th 2017).